ALBERTA IMMIGRANT NOMINEE PROGRAM (AINP)
Alberta. located in Western Canada, is recognized as having one of Canada’s fastest growing economies. In 2017, Alberta admitted 7,194 permanent residents through the provincial nominee program. The province is the most populous of the country’s three “Prairie provinces”, and is home to two of the largest Canadian cities Calgary and Edmonton. Alberta is also renowned as one of the most beautiful parts of North America with famous natural landscapes and national parks.
Through the Alberta Provincial Nominee Program (AINP), prospective immigrants with the right skills and experience may receive an Alberta Provincial Nomination Certificate. The AINP consists of the three immigration streams: Opportunity, Express Entry Stream, Self-Employed Farmer Stream.
At the time of application, applicants must have a valid work permit for an eligible occupation; most NOC skill levels 0, A, B, C and D occupations are eligible. Post-Graduate Work Permit holders must meet additional requirements which include relevance of their current occupation to their field of study.
The Opportunity Stream requires applicants to have:
- a minimum of 12 months full-time work experience in a current occupation in Alberta within the last 18 months; or
- a minimum of 24 months full-time work experience in a current occupation in Canada and/or overseas within the last 30 months
Continuous changes will be made to Alberta Opportunity Stream from 2018 to 2021.
Express Entry Stream
This stream allows for Alberta to nominate qualified candidates from the Express Entry system. Only candidates who are asked to submit an application will be considered.
To be considered for nomination, candidates must:
- have an active Express Entry profile
- meet the criteria of at least one of the federal immigration programs (Canadian Experience Class, Federal Skilled Trades Program or Federal Skilled Worker Program)
- intend to live and work in Alberta
- be currently working in an occupation that supports development and diversification of Alberta’s economy
- have a minimum CRS score of 300
Self-Employed Farmer Stream
Those applying to this stream must:
- have substantial farm management skills
- be able to invest a minimum $500,000 of equity in a primary production framing business in Alberta
- submit a thorough business plan documenting their investment plans
We’re here to answer any of your questions. If you require more information or if you would like to book a consult, feel free to contact us.