The family reunification program is one of the pillars of Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada’s immigration policy and legislation. Family class sponsorship applies to spouses, common-law partners, dependent children and parents or grandparents.
You may sponsor certain relatives to come to Canada if you are at least 18 years of age and if you are either a Canadian citizen or a permanent resident of Canada.
When sponsoring a relative to become a permanent resident of Canada, you must meet set income guidelines. And you must agree in writing to give financial support for the basic needs of your relative and other eligible relatives coming with them.
An undertaking agreement is a binding promise of support. Meaning that it will be your responsibility to support your relative and those accompanying them for the length of the undertaking. The length of time you will be responsible for the person you’ve sponsored will vary based on the type of family member you are sponsoring.
A super visa is a 10 year multi-entry visa that allows parents or grandparents to visit children or grandchildren for up to 2 years at a time.
A successful super visa application must include detailed information, including but not limited to:
- your ties to your home country
- the purpose of your visit
- your family and finances
- the stability of your home country
You must also:
- prove that your Canadian family member meets a minimum income threshold
- provide an invitation letter from your Canadian family member including a written statement that they will support you financially
- have valid Canadian medical insurance coverage of at least $100,000 for at least one year from the date of entry
- have a valid immigration medical exam
We work with reputable insurance providers to ensure medical insurance requirements are inline with Super Visa requirements. Get in touch with us today and let’s start your application process.
We’re here to answer any of your questions. If you require more information or if you would like to book a consult, feel free to contact us.