SASKATCHEWAN IMMIGRANT NOMINEE PROGRAM (SINP)
Saskatchewan is one of the Prairie provinces of Western Canada. Its economy is primarily based on agriculture and important natural resources industries like forestry and fishing. The province boasts two major cities, Saskatoon and Regina, as well as vast expanses of pristine wilderness. As a result of its growing economy, the province admitted 10,528 permanent residents in 2017 through the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program.
Through the Saskatchewan Immigrant Nominee Program (SINP), prospective immigrants with the right skills and experience may receive a Saskatchewan Provincial Nomination Certificate. The SINP consists of the following immigration categories: International Skilled Worker, Saskatchewan Experience, Entrepreneur, and Farm Category.
International Skilled Worker Category is for foreign workers who want to live and work in Saskatchewan and who meet the SINP criteria and factors, which include education, skilled work experience, and language ability. This category is comprised of the following sub-categories:
- International Skilled Worker: Employment Offer is for skilled workers who have a job offer for a skilled occupation in the province.
- International Skilled Worker: Occupation In-Demand is for skilled workers who do not have a job offer in Saskatchewan, but are highly-skilled in an in-demand occupation.
- International Skilled Worker: Saskatchewan Express Entry is for skilled workers who want to live and work in the province and have an active profile in the Express Entry Pool.
Saskatchewan Experience Category is for foreign workers who are currently working and living in Saskatchewan on a valid work permit. This category is comprised of the following sub-categories:
- Skilled Worker with Existing Work Permit is for skilled workers who have been working in the province for at least 6 months.
- Semi-Skilled Agriculture Worker with Existing Work Permit is for semi-skilled workers who have been working in the province for at least 6 months in the following occupations: General Farm Worker or Nursery/Greenhouse Worker.
- Health Professionals is for skilled workers who have been working in the province as a physician, nurse or other health professional.
- Hospitality Sector Project is for foreign workers who are working with an SINP Hospitality-approved employer in one of the following jobs: Food/Beverage Server, Food Counter Attendant/Kitchen Helper, Housekeeping/Cleaning Staff.
- Long-Haul Truck Driver Project is for individuals currently working for an SINP-approved Saskatchewan trucking firm.
- Students is a sub-category for students who have graduated from a recognized post-secondary institution in Saskatchewan.
Entrepreneur Category is designed for applicants who can start, obtain or partner in a business in Saskatchewan and be actively involved in managing it, while residing in the province.
Farm Category is a category for those who’d like to move to the province and who have proven experience in farming, have considerable capital to invest in a farming operation, and plan to buy and run a farm in Saskatchewan.
We’re here to answer any of your questions. If you require more information or if you would like to book a consult, feel free to contact us.